Ester & Erik
Ester & Erik Small Cone Candle in Metallic Gold
Encapsulating the Danish Hygge way of living, lit candles create a beautiful and relaxed atmosphere. The candles are made using traditional Scandinavian dipping techniques resulting in their non-drip, clean and even burning nature.
Why they’re great:
- Non-drip, provided they are not exposed to a draft
- 11 hour burn time
- Made using high quality, paraffin wax & cotton wick
- 22.5cm tall - a great way to add height to your table/mantel piece
- Cone shaped, they stand independent
- Burn evenly and smokeless, provided the wick is kept trimmed
- Will self-extinguish when low
Whilst these candles are non-drip when not exposed to a draught or intense heat, we would recommend resting them on something, such as a small mirror or glass circle, which are easily obtained.
Available in various colours and three sizes: 22.5cm, 34cm and 48cm.
These are a great contemporary alternative to traditional dinner candles. Available in three sizes, they are an ideal and easy way to add interest, height and style to your table setting.
Being Danish, they know a thing or two about candles.
Handmade using traditional age-old tipping techniques, these candles are produced by dipping the wick in wax until the desired thickness is reached.
For the final coating, the colour, the wax is set at a different temperature to the previous dips. This effectively creates a hard shell and is the reason for their non-drip characteristic. The colour is not throughout the candle as this practice clogs the wick and stops it from being able to burn effectively.
Made in Denmark
Burn time: 13 hours
The candles are non-drip, provided they are not exposed to a draft or intense heat. When they burn, the outside coating burns slower so it is slightly raised against the inner wax.
To ensure your candles burn well and for as long as possible:
- Avoid touching the edge of the candle while it is lit as this may create an imbalance and cause the candle to drip
- Ensure you keep the wick trimmed to approximately 1cm to ensure a steady, even and long burn
- Ideally use a candle snuffer to extinguish