If you're healthy eating or partaking in Veganuary, these recipes comply but are entirely delicious in their own right. Ideal for efficient weekday breakfasts or leisurely weekend brunches.
Amelia Freer's "Beauty Bars"
Created by of the UK's leading Nutritional Therapists, Amelia Freer, these Beauty Bars are packed with seeds and nuts that are full of vitamins and minerals that are fantastic for your skin. Ideal for on the go breakfasts or as a healthy snack. They will keep in an airtight container for three days, or longer in the fridge.
Makes about 10 slices
- flavourless oil for greasing
- 100g pitted dates
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 200ml hot water
- 80g nut butter
- 150g mixed seeds
- 100g oats
- 50g almonds
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan. Grease the base and sides of an 18cm square brownie tin and line with baking parchment.
- Soak the dates and chia seeds in the hot water for 10 to 15 minutes, until they get nice and plump and the liquid has cooled down.
- Blend the dates and chia seeds and their soaking water with the nut butter to make a smooth paste. Mix this paste with the remaining ingredients and press into the lined tin with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and it feels firm when pressed.
- Cut into slices while still warm and in its baking tin, but allow to cool completely before turning out.
Shared with authorisation from Amelia Freer's team & publishers of "Simply Good for You"
Deliciously Ella's Simple Pancakes
- Combine the pancake ingredients to form a smooth, thick batter. If it feels a little thin, leave it to sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Warm a tablespoon of coconut oil (or other preferred oil) in a pan over a medium heat. Once warm, spoon in a large tablespoon of pancake batter into the pan, using a wooden spoon to spread out the mixture.
- Cook on one side for 3-4 minutes until golden, before turning and cooking on the other side for 2-3 minutes.
- Repeat until the pancake mixture is finished.
Serving ideas: with eggs; berries and yoghurt; berries and maple syrup; bananas and peanut butter.
Shared with authorisation from the Deliciously Ella team